Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What Got You Started in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?

This past weekend, at the tournament, my friend, Gerson Atoigue, told me that with his students he always likes to ask them why they started Jiu-Jitsu. He thought this would be a good idea for the blog and I felt the same, so here it is. Why did you start BJJ? I’ll start off by letting you guys know why I started (if you haven’t read my bio section yet). Back when I was young I did Karate like a lot of kids, for about 8 years actually, then one day when I was about 14 or 15 I saw the original Ultimate Fighter. At the time, I just thought BJJ would be a good supplement for Karate, but eventually I fell in love with it and started to only practice BJJ. With that change of mind set came a change in reasons for training, now I just wanted to be the best Jiu-Jitsu player in the world. I’m not asking for too much, am I? Now go ahead and reply here and let me know why you started training and let me know if there has been a change to the reason why you kep training, like there was for me. I can’t wait to hear what you guys have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment