Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Training with Marcelino Freitas

It's not everyday that you get to train with one of your favorite Jiu-Jitsu players, but this happened to be the case for me right before the 2010 World Championships, one of the perks of training at the head of Nova Uniao in the U.S. A few weeks before the tournament, Marcelino Freitas stopped by to finish up his preparations with our team and boy was it a great experience! Just to be on the mat with someone of such caliber is a pleasure, but actually rolling with him was insane (I mean I've rolled with Robson Moura plenty of times, but that dude sucks 0_o)! Seriously though, it was great to roll with him because his body type and game are so similar to mine. I learned so much just from the few weeks that he was there; his top game is tight, his bottom is fluid, and is an all around animal. I think one of the best thing you can do, training wise, is to get a chance to roll with the top guys in your division that play similar to you. If you ever have a chance to train with him or do a seminar, jump on it!! He is one of the most underated players today, I mean he has beat Bruno Frazzato 3 or 4 times. . . Just saying. Check out his highlight below.

3 comments:

  1. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest
    but your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later on. All the best

    my web site click here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Experienced companies can do a web search and find places online that sell wine that will stickers for walls make
    people notice it. It's designed using a fractal algorithm, a mathematical formula that mimics patterns found in nature. The dietary-supplement trade group says observational studies have shown that virtually every adult in the population and eventually brought about a deep and lasting impact on many people's lives.


    My page stickers nails

    ReplyDelete