Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Importance of Top Game

Over the years I've noticed that a lot of the "young" lighter weights tend to neglect their top game, a fatal flaw. I myself didn't practice enough passing as a blue belt and have just recently been getting more comfortable with it. Today, you see so many of the lower ranked, lighter guys who look really impressive off of their back, but then get on top and look like they have no clue; this might fly in some competitions, but eventually it will catch up to them. That is why I really enjoy watching Leo Vieira videos, he is one of those few feather weights who actually seems to prefer playing on top, not only that, but he is very exciting. I feel I've learned a lot just by watching Vieira and I get excited to watch him compete. Here is a highlight of his that I really enjoy and hope you do as well.

3 comments: