Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Living the Dream

It's kind of funny when you realize that your dreams are slowly coming true. The other day while teaching class, I had an epihany, or something along those lines. This couldn't have come at a much better time considering I was a little down on myself from my poor performance at No Gi Worlds. "It happens!" "You'll get 'em next time!" blah blah blah. I know, I'm human, I'm allowed to be upset for a little bit, alright. Anyways, back to the topic. I'm sitting there, watching my students warm up and it hits me: This is my life! At 21 years old, this group of older, grown men trust me to teach them how to defend themselves, how to choke people, how to compete. Not trying to get to up on myself here, but it's kind of nice realizing that hard work does pay off. I mean, my sole job is teaching Jiu-Jitsu, I have two sponsors, Aggro Jiu-Jitsu Brand and Preferred Rehab Spine and Sport (speaking of which, my sponsor has made a shirt for me, a portion of proceeds goes to sending me to Portugal for the IBJJF European Open, if you'd like one, you can find it here. Shamless plug, I know ;)) and I get to train full time. I may not be at the top of the food chain yet, but I can see results.

 I guess the point of this post was to just show that if you put your mind to things, they can be done. If I don't acheive my goals in life, I'd like to at least inspire others to try. So, I'm about to be cliche: Kids, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. Follow your dreams with all your heart; all it takes is HARD work.

1 comment:

  1. الاستمتاع بخدمات
    شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
    يوفر لك الكثير من الجهد وعناء التعامل مع شركات غير مضمونة، تسمح لك الشركة بالتعاقد معها من خلال اسعار مخفضة توفر لك الكثير مقارنة بباقى شركات تسليك المجارى بالدمام، الخدمة متاحة طوال اليوم
    https://wefaq-dammam.com/شركة-تسليك-مجارى-وشفط-بيارات-بالدمام/

    ReplyDelete